Hanover Health is looking for an experienced Account Director to join the Healthcare International Policy & Market Access team.
The Account Director will be responsible for managing a broad portfolio of clients, supporting companies and patient organisations working on breakthrough initiatives. They will also lead on new business activity including acquisition, development and pitching. They will manage, coach and mentor more junior team members.
The Account Director will be a key part of the wider Hanover team, working with international clients.
With an office located in the heart of the Brussels European Quarter, Hanover Health works closely with businesses, trade associations, NGOs and public sector bodies to bridge the gap between their business objectives and the policy environment in which they operate.
The Healthcare International Policy & Market Access team is growing rapidly and prides itself on providing content-driven, strategic advice to clients. Our current focus is on building the leading policy and market access team, anticipating and addressing the challenges our clients are likely to face in the future.
We are a dynamic team and hold our destiny in our own hands. We enable breakthrough solutions to be used in practice, to reach the people who need them the most and to enhance the overall healthcare environment.
- Provide timely and relevant strategic advice to key clients and prospective clients, informed by sector knowledge and broad intelligence-gathering on emerging trends and policy developments
- Develop strong client relationships and take responsibility for a client cluster within the healthcare portfolio
- Manage project and account teams to ensure effective delivery of agreed client projects, on budget and to a high quality
- Oversee and lead contact programmes, and represent clients with stakeholders
- Lead client meetings and internal account management meetings, supporting the Associate Director and Senior Director in reviewing progress, monitoring capacity and allocating tasks
- Take responsibility for managing budgets related to the portfolio of clients and actively input into the International Policy & Market Access business plan
- Demonstrate an active and ever-expanding new business network that can provide significant business development opportunities including cross-selling and up-selling with the other offices within the Hanover Group
- Work closely with the team leads to continue to build a competitive, best-in-class International health policy and market access team and offering; this entails personal management / coaching of colleagues, actively identifying and recruiting the best talent as well as enhancing the policy expertise of the team.
- Work with the Director of Marketing in implementing the marketing strategy for Hanover Health and the International Policy & Market Access team
Skills & Experience
- Proven track record of experience working within either a consultancy specialising in healthcare public affairs or in-house at a pharmaceutical company or a public health advocacy group
- Understanding of EU and international healthcare policy
- Knowledge of the interaction between EU, international and national policy and the business impact that this can have on clients
- Recognised competence in providing strategic advice and a willingness to work on unfamiliar and challenging topics
- Expert networker with strong contacts in Brussels and at a national and international level throughout the healthcare community
- A keen interest for and experience of business development, including identifying opportunities, developing strategies, proposals and materials for new business pitches
- Experience of leading teams, including managing, coaching and mentoring staff members