We are looking for an experienced Senior Account Director to join the Healthcare Policy, Advocacy & Public Affairs team.
The Senior Account Director will provide strategic advice to Hanover’s existing clients together with management of client accounts, teams and budgets, backed by operational support where required.
They will also lead on new business activity including acquisition, development and pitching. In addition, they will manage, coach and mentor more junior team members up to Senior Consultant level.
The Healthcare Policy, Advocacy & Public Affairs team work with the most exciting healthcare and life sciences organisations, responsible for some of the most important breakthroughs in medical science.
Hanover Health has been an integral part of the Hanover Group’s overall growth and kept track with the Group’s 25% average annual growth rate over the last five years. The practice has also been recently nominated for PRWeek 2020 Specialist Consultancy of the Year.
With over half of the world’s top 20 pharmaceutical companies, as well as NHS providers, health technology businesses and charities amongst our clients, we offer a diverse and compelling range of issues and opportunities.
- Provide timely and relevant strategic advice to clients informed by broad intelligence-gathering on client, sector, and competitor environment
- Supervise and support team’s delivery on a range of accounts
- Provide advice and support on both team and client issues, in consultation with Associate Directors and Account Directors
- Proactively build strong client relationships with senior client contacts and larger accounts, regularly monitoring client satisfaction levels
- Identify and evaluate research needed to support new business pitches, writing tender documents and supervise the development of all materials required for pitches
- Contribute to the achievement of the cost management target for each year through quarterly review of service levels making recommendations regarding team capability and capacity to service accounts
- Personal management, coaching and mentoring of junior members of the team, up to Senior Consultant level, providing guidance on professional development, quality of work and overall efficiency
Skills & Experience
- Proven track record of experience working within either a public affairs consultancy, in-house public affairs department, patient group/NGO, Parliament or other relevant organisation
- A strong understanding of the evolving NHS landscape and health policy as well as of the challenges facing the pharmaceutical industry
- Public affairs and market access experience with corporate issues and pharmaceutical brands
- Good insights and knowledge of pharmaceutical pipelines and the next generation of innovative medicines for patients
- Strong management and mentoring skills
- Good presentation and pitching skills
- Proven new business development and networking abilities
- A strong personal network of contacts across politics, policy, NHS, third parties, and industry
- Experience of leading teams, including managing, coaching and mentoring more junior staff members
- Strong track record of working across most aspects of the communications mix to include public affairs, policy, market access and corporate affairs
Hanover is an equal opportunities employer, committed to encouraging a balanced workforce within our company and the wider industry.